Perfect water resistant lighting – our new Putney bathroom pendant, in our beautifully reflective glass and metal, is IP rated for bathroom or outdoor use, so ideal for adding a designer touch to your bathroom or porch. With its on-trend fluted glass shade showing the beauty of a vintage style bulb inside, the Putney is a contemporary classic that will suit a modern bathroom as much as a period one.
Incorporating an attractive, waterproof cable and sealed fittings in a smaller brass ceiling rose, the Putney is smaller brother to our Fulbourn which we tweaked to create a dainty version for smaller spaces. It is IP rated 44 so can be safely used in any bathroom and porch.
All Jim Lawrence
lights are made using traditional metal working techniques and are hand finished to the very highest standards here at our Suffolk workshop. This Putney is hand forged from solid natural brass that has been lightly antiqued for a subtle, aged look. It has a wonderful, weighty quality that befits its handmade nature and comes supplied with 50cm of brown waterproof cable and our specially designed ceiling rose in the same finish. Kindly note, glass is a natural resource and as each piece is individually hand blown, slight imperfections may occasionally occur such as ripples and small bubbles.
Bulb Holder: small bayonet (SBC, B15)
Fitting Option: Can be fitted with an E14 (Small Edison Screw) bulb holder for Europe, for a small additional cost upon request.
Dimensions: 16.00W x 21.50H x 16.00D (cm)
A beautiful natural finish produced by distressing the brass to create a soft patina that is then treated with antiquing solution to speed up the natural tarnishing process and create a lovely aged look that will darken naturally over time. To lighten the brass just buff it occasionally with a small amount of brass cleaner to return it to its original hue. To find out more about our finishes and how best to maintain them, please read our Product Finish
Where does it look good?
- Antiqued Brass is an incredibly versatile finish that works well with any colourway and natural building materials such as brick, stone, plaster or woodwork.
- It suits both contemporary and period properties.
- Antiqued Brass will catch the light more than our painted finishes so is great to use if you want to make a statement, as it will help draw your eye.
- Our Putney looks fabulous on its own in the centre of a room or paired either side of a bathroom mirror.
We also recommend...
- Our LED Clear Candle bulb as the perfect accompaniment to your light.
- Our Fulbourn range for a similar looking but larger bathroom light.
- For a uniform look throughout your home, try pairing your Jim Lawrence lights with our stunning range of nickel door and window furniture.