For doors with a multi-point locking system
We can make bespoke handles for use with a multi-point locking system - where you lift the handle to lock the door. These are un-sprung handles and are available in a wide range of lever handle designs with a choice of a bevelled or hammered edge.
These door handles can be used indoors as well as outdoors in all finishes except Beeswax which we don't recommend for use outdoors because it is not waterproof and will rust.
- The size of the Eurolock keyhole and spindle are standard.
- The plate thickness will be 5mm
1. Choose a handle design
To create your bespoke door handle, first select a handle design from our wide collection of lever handles.
Kindly note, only lever handles can be used with espagnolette style multi-point locking systems.
2. CHOOSE A FINISH
Find your favourite finish from our collection of painted Forged Iron, Polished Lacquer, Nickel and Antiqued Brass finishes.
Our Brass and Nickel finishes are not available for the Bromley and Chester handles.
3. Choose bevelled or hammered edge
Choose a straight bevelled edge for a sleek modern look, or a hammered edge for a more rustic feel
The drawing below shows where handles are placed on a typical set of inside doors. On the downloadable form, please mark where your door handles are to be fitted. If you would like to have a different handle style or finish on either side of your door, it is important we know which side is which, so we will need to know the 'handing' for each side of your door.
Can I use any handle with a multi-locking system?
Only lever handles can be used with an espagnolette locking system. Knobs will not work. You can choose any of our lever handle designs in any of our finishes, but our Chester and Bromley handles are not available in our Brass and Nickel finishes.
Can I have a longer spindle?
Spindles for espagnolette/multi-locking systems come as standard. The spindles supplied with our conventional mortice lock handles are 7.5cm in length, but if you have a particularly thick door, you can request a longer one. The maximum length we supply is 9cm.
How much will it cost?
The cost depends on the type of bespoke handle you need, the style of knob or handle you choose, the finish it is in and the quantity you require. When we receive your completed template, we will raise a quotation for you that will include the cost, postageand lead times. If you are happy to go ahead, this will then be converted an order.
How long will it take to make?
Bespoke items take longer to make than our standard stocked items and lead times may vary depending on demand. The most up to date timescale will be stated on your quotation and order acknowledgement, but generally you will need to allow up to 6 weeks for your bespoke handles to be made.
Filling in the form
Please download the handle template here and return it to email@example.comHandle Template
1. Write your name and the date on the top and on the right hand side, specify if you need an espagnolette handle for a multi-locking system, or a handle for a conventional mortice lock.
2. On the left, tick the edge you would like - bevelled or hammered - and underneath, the type of keyhole you require.
3. Dimensions - fill out the measurements required for the fittings and screws in cms.
4. Design - Specify the handle style you would like and in which finish.
5. Placement - In the door illustration, mark where the handles are to be fitted.
6. Special Requirements - use this box to give the quantity of handles you require and any other comments.
7. Remember to fill out your contact details at the bottom and when complete, email the form to us
Jim Lawrence, The Ironworks
Lady Lane, Hadleigh
Suffolk, IP7 6BQ
Speak to one of the sales team on 01473 826685
Our telephone lines are open:
Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 5pm
Contact our friendly sales team at
and we will aim to reply the same day