The Cranfield is a traditionally styled, hand crafted, fixed spotlight that combines the practicality of a spotlight with the beauty of our Edgeware, with which it shares a similarly shaped shade. It is ideally suited as a downlighter for your kitchen worktops, kitchen island, bedroom or a living room and will suit a contemporary home as much as it would a period one.
All Jim Lawrence
lights are made using traditional metal working techniques and are hand finished to the highest standards at our Suffolk workshop. The Cranfield is made from solid, natural brass that is antiqued to give a subtle, aged look that will suit any interior and is a perfect fit for the warm metallic trend in kitchens and living rooms accessories.
- We recommend our GU10 LED Spot bulb as a great choice to accompany any of our spotlights. It instantly lights to full strength, has a lovely warm white beam and has a 36 degree beam which has a wider reach than most spot bulbs.
- This is a flush fitting spotlight so you may need to use our Georgian Lighting Pattress with the backplate if you cannot hide the wiring in a wall cavity - see Our Backplates Explained.
GU10 Recommended LED Bulb: GU10 LED Spot Light bulb
suitable for European use as supplied with GU10 fitting Dimensions:
8.40W x 10.50H x 8.40D (cm) Additional Information:
The spotlight is not adjustable.
Our Backplates Explained Lighting your home
Cleaning Brass & Copper
Everything you need to know about bulbs
A beautiful, natural finish produced by distressing the brass to create a soft patina that is then treated with antiquing solution to speed up the natural tarnishing process and create a lovely aged look that will darken naturally over time. Antiqued Brass is an incredibly versatile finish that works well with any colourway and natural building materials such as brick, stone, plaster or woodwork and looks equally at home in a modern property as it does a period one. To lighten the brass just buff it occasionally with a small amount of brass cleaner to return it to its original hue. To find out more about our finishes and how best to maintain them, please read our How to Clean Brass & Coppe
r pages in the Jim Lawrence Knowledge Base.
Where does it look good?
- Fit them above your kitchen units, island, sink or hob to give tasking light where needed.
- Fit in vaulted ceilings for additional layers of light.
- Highlight architectural features, favourite artworks and natural building materials.
We also recommend
- For a uniform look throughout your home, try pairing your spotlights with any of our stunning door and window furniture in the same finish, or with our range of matching electric switches and plugs.