Bonham Lantern in Nickel
Bell jars were originally hung in vestibules and entrance halls of Georgian homes where the jars stopped the candles being blown out when the door opened. In those days, candles were expensive so the jars where only lit when guests were expected but our Bonham has been designed with three bulb fittings to ensure there is plenty of light where it is needed!
All Jim Lawrence lights are made using traditional metal working techniques and are hand finished to the very highest standards here at our Suffolk workshop. The Bonham is made from natural solid brass that has been nickel plated for a subtle, aged look. It has a wonderful weighty quality that befits its handmade nature.
Please note; glass is a natural resource and as each piece is individually handmade, slight imperfections may occasionally occur such as ripples and small bubbles.
Where does it look good?
- Nickel is a versatile finish that works well with any colourway and natural building materials such as brick, stone, plaster or woodwork.
- It will catch the light more than our painted finishes so is great to use if you want to make a statement, as it will help draw your eye.
- The Bonham looks fabulous hung in a front entrance, hallway or landing.
- They also make an attractive alternative to traditional pendant lighting when suspended above a dining table or breakfast bar.
We also recommend…
- Our Clear Candle LED bulb as the best lamp fitting for your light.
- For a stylish, uniform look around your home, try matching your lights with our range of door or window furniture in the same finish, or something from our range of switches, sockets and curtain poles.