Home > Knowledge Base >Handrail Guide
Guide to our Handrails
How do our handrails work?
Our handrail packs are made with 16mm diameter solid forged iron and come complete with brackets and finials. They are available in three finishes and contain everything you need to fit them. The 2, 3 and 4m packs are supplied in multiple parts which join inside the central bracket and can be shortened on installation.
- The poles come in 4 lengths - 1m, 2m, 3m and 4m including the finials.
- Choose from 3 popular finishes – Beeswax, Polished Lacquer and Matt Black.
- Available with 4 finial styles, Button, Cannonball, Shepherd's Crook and Crook.
- Each pack comes with sleeve brackets and a centre bracket for the 2 & 3m poles with additional brackets for the 4m pole.
See our finishes >
Each pack contains everything you need to fit your handrail. Each handrail is supplied with pre-fixed sleeve brackets and finials at each end, so all you need to do is attach the brackets to your wall. The longer rails are also supplied with central brackets to hide the joins. You can easily cut the 2, 3 and 4m handrails at the centre if you need to adjust the length and the central brackets will hide the join.
The pack contents:
- 1m handrail - supplied in 1 part with 2 pre-fixed brackets and finials - fixing screws.
- 2m handrail – supplied in 2 parts with 2 pre-fixed brackets and finials - 1 separate central bracket - fixing screws.
- 3m handrail – supplied in 2 parts with 2 pre-fixed brackets and finials - 1 separate central bracket - fixing screws.
- 4m handrail - supplied in 3 parts with 3 pre-fixed brackets ( 2 end, 1 centre) and 2 finials - 2 separate brackets - fixing screws.
Q: Can I cut down the handrail to my specified size?
A: You will be able to cut the 2, 3 and 4m handrails to your required length, the join will be concealed within the clever bracket design. The 1m handrail is supplied as one piece with finials and brackets pre-welded, so cannot be shortened. Kindly note: We are not able to cut down handrails to size.
Q: Can I buy extra brackets?
A: Your handrails come supplied with all the brackets you should need, but if you would like additional brackets, they can be bought separately here.
Q: How are the poles attached to the bracket?
A: Each handrail comes suppled with pre-welded end brackets and the 4m handrail has a pre-welded centre bracket. Any additional brackets have two grub screws (supplied) which hold the pole in position.
Each handrail length includes the finials
Need some help?
Jim Lawrence, The Ironworks
Lady Lane, Hadleigh
Suffolk, IP7 6BQ
Speak to one of the sales team on 01473 826685
Our telephone lines are open: Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 5pm