Home > Career Opportunities
Quality Assurance Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the Jim Lawrence Lighting & Home team and become an integral part of ensuring its heritage of designing and manufacturing award-winning products, is maintained.
You will be a Senior Team Leader working as part of the busy Packing and Despatch team based at our workshop in Hadleigh, Suffolk, where the ability to work by yourself, but also get stuck in as part of a team, is of utmost importance.
Reporting into the Packing and Despatch Manager, the role of the Senior Team Leader is to direct, guide and coach the Team Leader meeting, ensuring that issues are resolved in a proactive and timely manner. This will involve delegating responsibility and objectives at the morning meeting and requesting updates during the date to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
The senior team leader will be responsible for attending the daily managers meeting to present an update on current and future late orders, timescales and the plan in place.
A Large part of this role will be to investigate the root cause of the issues and work with others to introduce a process/procedure to ensure problems do not reoccur and better working practices are adopted
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead daily team leaders meeting.
- Owning the late orders report – delegating responsibility of tasks, following up on activity to ensure timely resolutions are met.
- Encourage a route cause analysis approach to issues to ensure these are not recurring.
- Encourage a proactive approach to using the urgent orders report.
- Work across functionally across all areas of the business to problem solve issues and adopt proactive ways of working.
- Attend daily mangers meeting to feedback on current issues.
- Liase with department managers throughout the day to solve order issues.
- Work with the Data team to understand system related causes for order and stock issues
Technical Skills and Experience Required
- Works in collaboration with others outside of their direct group to realise production targets, quality and health and safety standards
- Makes decisions within standard working procedures and methods.
- Effective communicator and results orientated team player, confident in their own skills and knowledge
- Oversees the implementation of new processes
- Self-starter and motivated
- Attention to detail and quality focused
- Verbal communication to a high standard
- Ability to work with and influence multiple areas and functions of the business.
What we can offer
- We will offer you a fun, lively working environment in this friendly family run business.
- We have a strong ongoing commitment to training and progression within the company.
- A comprehensive remuneration package, membership of the company auto-enrolment pension scheme, a competitive rate of pay and generous staff discount.
This is a full time, permanent position working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role or request further details, please apply to us a email@example.com