Ava Glass Pendant Light in Antiqued Brass
Item No. 3113AB
Measurements 20W x 23.7H x 20D (cm)
One of our most popular pendant lights, our Ava showcases the beautifully reflective qualities of glass with her hand blown, fluted shade that bounces light everywhere and will make a stunning addition to your kitchen, dining room, bedroom or hallway. All our glass pendant lights are designed to sit perfectly above a kitchen island, breakfast bar and dining table where the airy, transparent quality of the glass allows you to create a stunning focal point without losing any sense of space. Looking for a kitchen island idea? Compare the sizes here >
For lighting ideas, see our Hallway Lighting > CollectionJim Lawrence lights are made using traditional metal working techniques and are hand finished to the very highest standards here at our Suffolk workshop. This Ava is hand forged from solid natural brass that has been lightly antiqued for a subtle, aged look. It has a wonderful, weighty quality that befits its handmade nature. We recommend our LED Clear Candle Bulb as the perfect accompaniment to your light as it lights up to full strength instantly, will flood your room with a soft warm light, is dimmable and has a lumens (brightness) that is equivalent to a 40-50W regular bulb.
- Our Georgian Ceiling Rose in matching finish. This rose is flush fitting - see our Guide to Flush Fitting Backplates.
- If you need more depth in your rose to hide the wiring, try our Georgian Lighting Pattress.
- 50cm bronze brown braided cable that can be shortened on installation. If you need a longer length, please see our Bespoke Services.
Bulb Holder: small bayonet (SBC, B15)
Fitting Option: can be supplied with an E14 (small Edison screw) bulb holder for Europe on request
Dimensions: 20.00W x 23.70H x 20.00D (cm)
Antiqued Brass: A beautiful, natural finish produced by distressing the brass to create a soft patina that is then treated with antiquing solution to speed up the natural tarnishing process and create a lovely aged look that will darken naturally over time. Antiqued Brass is an incredibly versatile finish that works well with any colourway and natural building materials such as brick, stone, plaster or woodwork and looks equally at home in a modern property as it does a period one.
Maintaining the finish
- How to Clean Brass and Copper
- Glass: The best way to restore the sparkle to glass is to use a Microfibre Glass Polishing cloth. These are widely available and perfect for a streak free finish. Just wipe the glass over with any damp cloth and then polish with the dry microfibre cloth. If you are cleaning a glass ball or vase shape, do not try to clean the inside as this should not be necessary and once you have a watermark on the inside it will be very difficult to remove.
Where does it look good?
- This finish will catch the light more than our painted finishes so is great to use if you want to make a statement, as it will help draw your eye.
- Our Ava looks fabulous on its own, as a pair or in a row over a dining room table, breakfast bar or kitchen island.
- Suspend it from timber joists in a vaulted ceiling or let it take centre stage in a living room or bedroom with a high ceiling.